- 2 medium brown onions, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped or crushed
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 larger carrots, diced
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced into 3cm cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 12 button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cooked navy beans
- 1 cup cooked borlotti beans
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 -2 cups of buckwheat spirals (available at Woolworths in the health food aisle)
- 1 litre of preservative free vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup of freshly chopped parsley
In a large soup pot or stock pot (10L) heat the oil and sauté the onions until they soften. Then add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, dried herbs, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and all the vegetables. Add enough water to cover the vegetables and an extra 5cm.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 60 minutes. Then add the beans and buckwheat spirals. Cook for another 30 minutes. Serve and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.