- 1 Butternut (cut in half, lengthways) or Golden Nugget pumpkin (cut in half, crossways, and cut off stalk so that both halves will sit flat) and remove the seeds but leave the skin on
- 1 cup of precooked brown rice or quinoa
- ½ medium brown union diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup of sultanas or raisins
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Seven Spice Mix
- 2 Tbs fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs sweet paprika
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbs allspice
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Lightly toast the pine nuts and set aside. In the same frying pan add the olive oil and onion. Sauté until onions become translucent. Then add garlic, chilli and spices.
Sauté for 30 to 60 seconds and then add rice, pine nuts, salt and sultanas/raisins. Gently sauté for about 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
Place the pumpkin halves into a baking tray and spoon the stuffing mixture into it.
Brush with some olive oil and place into oven and bake for 60 minutes.
You can eat this on its own or as part of a meal.
Option: If you eat cheese you could mix some feta or haloumi through the stuffing mixture before you spoon it into the pumpkins.